Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Communications Advisor
Taupō District Council is looking for a senior communications advisor to join their dynamic, fast paced, forward-thinking organisation.
The primary purpose of this role is to oversee communication initiatives that support council activities, deliver on strategic goals, and strengthen our conversations with the community.
You will be innovative and creative, a self-starter, and be able to think on your feet. No two days will be the same.
- Developing communication plans for council’s projects and activities.
- Devise new methods for engaging with target audiences to keep pace with changing political, social and economic circumstances and technological advances.
- Provide the Chief Executive, staff, the Mayor and councillors with timely media advice and support.
- Work with the digital services team and the graphic designer to provide relevant and engaging information for the council’s digital channels.
- Develop and measure campaigns that engage audiences.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for creating engaging content.
- Minimum of 5 years communications and/or public relations experience.
- Proven media management experience in, and a broad understanding of, a political environment.
- Strategic thinking abilities and strong relationship building skills.
- Be a positive team player with a collaborative and energetic approach.
If you enjoy diversity in a role, can juggle a number of projects, want to make a real difference sharing information with our community, we would love to hear from you.
In return, we offer a rewarding, friendly and flexible work environment, and a great team that loves coffee and good yarns.
Applications close Tuesday, November 10. For more information and to apply, please go to: taupo.govt.nz/careers.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: IQAP037724
Closing Date: Tuesday 10 November