Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Communications Advisor (Fixed Term 12 months)
Are you a politically-savvy wordsmith, with fresh ideas looking to make a difference?
Taupō District Council is looking for a communications advisor to join their dynamic and fast paced team, for 12 month fixed term contract. The primary purpose of this position is to provideeffective, professional, quality internal and external communications regarding Council business activities.
- Developing professional communication plans for Council’s projects and activities.
- Developing and improving communication systems and channels.
- Ensuring professional and brand standards are maintained for all external publications.
- Producing internal and external Council documents and publications, including media releases.
- Support with creative marketing plans and initiatives to complement Council activities and reputation
- Support with the development and delivery of social media content and communications.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for creating engaging content through writing.
- Minimum of 2 years communications and/or public relations experience.
- A proven track record of producing marketing material and media releases.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with an eye for detail.
- A talent in relaying complex ideas into user-friendly and captivating language for readers.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- A can-do positive team player with a collaborative and energetic approach.
If you enjoy diversity in a role, can juggle a number of projects, want to make a real difference sharing information with our community, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close Friday, September 25 at 4pm. For more information and to apply, please go to: taupo.govt.nz/careers.
Fixed Term Full Time
Job no: IDAO037720
Closing Date: Until closing