Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Taupō District Council is a progressive organization committed to becoming the best we can be, and we are looking for people who share our dedication to excellence and continuous improvement. With so many exciting projects on the go, there’s never been a more exciting time to join our Parks & Reserves Team and become part of the wider TDC whānau.
About the Role:
If a desk job isn't for you, then this job might just be! Our Environmental Rangers work hard
to keep our District looking great! This
is the perfect job for someone who loves working in the great outdoors and takes
real pride in their work.
This role offers a great work life balance with a 3 day on 2 day off rolling roster, working 10-hour days.
Days 1 & 2 start at 6am and finish at 4pm and day
3 starts at 7.30am and finishes at 5.30pm.
- Maintaining/cleaning public conveniences district wide
- Routine litter collections on reserves and streets.
- Maintaining and undertaking minor repairs to parks fixtures, rubbish bins, and furniture.
In this hands-on role, you’ll interact with our
customers every day, so you’ll need to be friendly & helpful by nature. You’ll
need a positive, can-do approach, a strong work ethic and you’ll be a team
player. We’re looking for someone who will:
- Work to high standard and take pride in all they do
- Treat our customers with courtesy & respect at all times
- Positively and pro-actively contribute and communicate within the team
- Be adaptable – some days throw us a curveball!
- Hold a full, manual New Zealand driver’s license.
Why you should apply:
When you join us, you can look forward to a
rewarding career full of opportunities to develop, along with a positive and
supportive work environment. We do this through:
- Strong focus on employee health, wellness, and wellbeing
- Flexible, family-friendly work environment
- Assistance with ongoing professional development
- Positive health and safety culture
- Skills development programmes across different functional jobs; and
- A supportive and social work environment where enduring friendships and collegiality develop.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: IIAJ137857
Closing Date: Wednesday, 29 September 2021