Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Information Management Advisor
Taupō District Council has realigned to better meet our aspirations for the District’s future, and to strengthen the way in which we provide services to our communities. It’s an exciting time to join our organisation as we move into this new phase, with the creation of a number of opportunities focused on delivery of our key priorities.
Taupō District Council is looking for an experienced Information Management Advisor to join our team assisting to managing and growing the capability and compliance of our Information Assets.
About the Role:
Working across the organisation, you will champion best practice information management principles assisting to deliver great outcomes to our staff and community. You will assist with the day-to-day operation of our EDRMS and Information management processes, putting your capability and interest in digital systems to use and understand how they can facilitate effective information management practices ultimately assisting TDC to meet legislative requirements.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned professional that not only has experience with Information Management of both physical and digital records but also has a customer centric focus. This is a hands-on role. We are looking for someone who has at least 3 years experience in Information Management, ideally in local/central govt or similar. To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- A working understanding of information and records management principles and practices, including, but not limited to NZ legislation such as the Public Records Act, the Local Government Official information and Meetings Act and the Privacy Act.
- Be a trusted advisor and skilled communicator who can build effective professional relationships with a wide range of stakeholders both technical and non-technical.
- Relevant and up-to-date knowledge of EDRMS systems along with Microsoft-related technical skills
- You'll also have great
judgement, attention to detail with the ability to multitask and be committed
to seeing things through to completion.
Why you should apply
When you join us, you can look forward to a rewarding career full of opportunities to develop, along with a positive and supportive work environment. We do this through:
- Strong focus on employee health, wellness, and wellbeing
- Flexible, family-friendly work environment
- Assistance with ongoing professional development
- Positive health and safety culture
- Skills development programmes across different functional jobs; and
- A supportive and
social work environment where enduring friendships and collegiality develop.
Applications close, Monday September 27, at 4pm. For more information and to apply, please go to: taupo.govt.nz/careers.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: INAM137858
Closing Date: Monday, 27 September 2021