Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Like our beautiful District, our Team is growing in response to a developing community, a changing legislative environment, and a greater focus on creating strong strategic direction. We are looking for an experienced Advisor to support the proactive management of all Council property.
As part of our Property Team, you’ll enjoy a varied, busy, and interesting role that covers a wide range of projects and initiatives across Council and the District. Our stakeholders include residents, ratepayers, community groups, businesses, iwi and hapū, landowners, local & central government, other agencies, and project partners. As a Property Team, we all contribute to the management of Council owned property to ensure it is strategically managed and maintained cost effectively in an integrated and planned way.
Role responsibilities include:
- Providing analysis and advice on property related matters to customer enquiries and staff
- Project management, monitoring and administration of community and commercial leases and licences on behalf of Council
- Contributing to the development and delivery of Council’s property strategy
- Advising & supporting the organisation on prospective leasing arrangements to ensure consistency and robust leasing arrangements
- Assisting with analysis and advice for the management and maximisation of Council’s property portfolio including acquisition, development, and disposals
We’re after someone with an analytical eye who is adept at building positive, collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders. To succeed in the role, you’ll draw on your highly honed consultation skills and project management experience. You should hold a relevant qualification or be able to demonstrate relevant experience in managing commercial and residential property tenancies.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Property management experience for commercial and residential tenancies
- A degree level qualification in a relevant field e.g., resource planning or property management
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including Public Works Act, Reserves Act, Property Law
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship building skill
- Negotiation expertise
- A solution focused, collaborative approach.
Why you should apply:
When you join us, you can look forward to a rewarding career full of opportunities to develop, along with a positive and supportive work environment. We do this through:
- Strong focus on employee health, wellness, and wellbeing
- Flexible, family-friendly work environment
- Assistance with ongoing professional development
- Positive health and safety culture
- Skills development programmes across different functional jobs; and
- A supportive and social work environment where enduring friendships and collegiality develop.
If you enjoy diversity in a role, can juggle several projects, and want to make a real, valuable contribution to the community, we would love to hear from you.