Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Communications Advisor - Fixed Term - 2 years
Are you a highly experienced communications advisor with fresh ideas and ready to get stuck into a new role?
Taupō District Council is looking for a senior communications advisor to join their dynamic, fast paced, forward thinking organisation, for 2-year fixed term contract. The fixed term nature of this role has arisen from the exciting announcement of the “Taupō Town Centre Transformation/ Water Reform Project” which is councils largest capital expenditure programme to date.
The primary purpose of this role is to develop and implement communication plans that support council activities, deliver on strategic goals, and raise the profile of the councils achievements.
- Developing professional communication plans for Council’s projects and activities.
- Devise new methods for engaging with target audiences to keep pace with changing political, social and economic circumstances and technological advances.
- Provide the Chief Executive, staff, the Mayor and councillors with timely media advice and support.
- Work with the digital services team and the graphic designer to provide relevant and engaging information for the Council’s digital channels.
- Develop and measure campaigns that engage audiences.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for creating engaging content.
- Minimum of 5 years communications and/or public relations experience.
- Experience leading a team.
- Proven media management experience in, and a broad understanding of, a political environment.
- Strategic thinking abilities and strong relationship building skills.
- A can-do positive team player with a collaborative and energetic approach.
If you enjoy diversity in a role, can juggle a number of projects, want to make a real difference sharing information with our community, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close Wednesday, September 30 at 4pm. For more information and to apply, please go to: taupo.govt.nz/careers.
Fixed Term Full Time
Job no: IQAP037724
Closing Date: Until closing