Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Swim School Supervisor
- You are an experienced and exceptional swim school supervisor
- You have passion for excellence
An exciting job opportunity has come up within Taupō District Council. We are looking for a full-time swim school supervisor to lead our outstanding swimming instructor team and swim school operations at the AC Baths.
The successful applicant would be responsible for the day to day operation of the swim school as well as the Contact swim well Taupō schools programme. Our swim school is a six-day operation with classes throughout the week as well as Saturday mornings.
The position is suited for an experienced and motivated individual to implement and drive ideas and initiatives. To ensure excellent outcomes, you will need to have strong communication skills and a commitment to provide customers and parents outstanding levels of interaction, education and participation enjoyment.
Given the unique nature of the recreation industry, the right individual would need to be flexible to meet the needs of the Swim School. This includes working predominantly Monday to Friday, however rare Saturdays could be required. The right individual will have the flexibility to manage and promote learn-to-swim lessons to the wider district.
What you will need to have:
- Experience in managing and leading teams
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Swim Instructor Qualifications
- Experience with the use of Links or a similar bookings system
- Experience in Microsoft applications including word and excel
- A minimum of two years' Swim Teaching Experience
This role is considered a children's worker role and will be subject to safety checking as part of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014.